On Thursday, October 6, 2022, SOUR will speak during the MIT Science Festival, a pop-up festival at the Kendall/MIT Open Space, in the heart of Kendall square and across the city of Cambridge.
Cambridge Science Festival is a week-long, annual celebration of science, technology, engineering, art, and math (STEAM). A multifaceted, multicultural event, the Festival makes science accessible, interactive, and fun, highlighting the impact of STEAM in all our lives. This year’s festival runs from October 3-9, based at the Kendall/MIT Open Space.
- Cambridge Science Festival runs from October 3-9, 2022. Festival events take place on
- October 3, and October 6-9. Between October 6-9 the festival hosts ‘themed’ days as follows:
- Thursday October 6: SCIENCE + CLIMATE
- Friday October 7: SCIENCE + FOOD
- Saturday October 8: SCIENCE + FASHION (in partnership with Boston Fashion Week)
- Sunday October 9: CARNIVAL
Open Innovation for Climate Action
On Thursday during the SCIENCE+CLIMATE day. With unprecedented average temperatures and climate-related crises causing destruction across the globe, science must be our first line of defense. This day is dedicated to all things environmental, renewable and sustainable – the urgent ideas and technologies that will protect us in years to come.
SOUR will share its mission and examples from its work that enable open-sourcing of sustainability solutions to raise awareness among the public and empower climate action, in a talk titled Open Innovation for Climate Action.
[Source: MIT Science Festival]