On June 8 to 10, 2021, the Social Innovation Summit (SIS) 2021 took place virtually, bringing together top executives and thought leaders from around the globe to discuss opportunities for leveraging technology & innovation to affect social change. Participants will discuss philanthropic trends, analyze innovative approaches for problem solving and build lasting partnerships that enable them and their organizations to discover new methods of engaging with social challenges.The Social Innovation Summit is an annual event that represents a global convening of black swans and wayward thinkers. Where most bring together luminaries to explore the next big idea, the SIS aims to bring together those hungry not just to talk about the next big thing, but to build it. Especially in this time of crisis, the network can rise to the occasion and can serve as the virtual convening place where the most important conversations take place for vital partnerships to be quickly developed and quickly engaged.During this year’s edition of the SIS, SOUR joined Breakout Panel Discussion #3 on Diversity, Design & Multicultural Marketing. Together with a group of diversity progress makers, we ideated around questions on diversity, product design and marketing challenges, and discuss the greatest challenges when designing with a diversity lens.
• Pinar Guvenc, Partner – SOUR
• Bassima Mroue, Board of Directors, Sara Blakely Foundation; CEO & Co- Founder – SkinTē
• Sonia Oblitey, Global Marketing Director – OkCupidhttps://www.hermanmiller.com/en_eur/
• Sheila Wood, Application Design Specialist, New Product Commercialization - Herman Miller
• Linda Brand, President, Herman Miller Cares - Herman Miller
• Moderator: Wayne Suiter Matamoros, Managing Director, Product & Experience – Unreasonable Group